MML is an adventure in self-discovery and self-transformation. Life is a wild ride! Stress happens! You will learn over 20 techniques to soothe yourself in times of stress. You will decide which techniques work for you in any given situation. Maybe 10 out of the 20 techniques will be your favorites. Then, in times of stress or discomfort, one of those techniques is bound to be JUST WHAT YOU NEED WHEN YOU NEED IT THE MOST.
After participating in this course, you will be able to:
- Practice mindfulness and compassion in daily life, for yourself and for others.
- Understand the brain science behind rewiring your brain for more happiness, peace, and well-being.
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism.
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease.
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation.
If you practice, you will have:
- less stress, anxiety, and depression
- more emotional wellbeing – HAPPINESS
- better interpersonal relationships
- and an easier time maintaining healthy habits, like diet and exercise
MML is an 6-week course that meets for 2 hours each week, plus one half day retreat.
In this course you will learn how to be more mindful in all areas of your life. Julie brings a wide range of teachings into the classroom to help you learn how to balance your mind!
Please read one or both of these books to prepare yourself for this great teaching:
2019 class dates: TBD
For more information, visit the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center website.
Instructor: Julie Potiker
Julie Potiker is an attorney who began a serious education and investigation of mindfulness after graduating from Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction at the UCSD Center for Mindfulness. She is a graduate of the Mindful Self-Compassion course and was trained to teach this course by Kristin Neff and Christopher Germer, the developers of the curriculum. She has completed over a dozen courses in this field, and has participated in meditation retreats from various disciplines – Judaic to Tibetan. She has had a consistent meditation practice for many years, and has an uncanny ability to transmit this information to a broad range of people – skeptics included!
B.G.S. University of Michigan; J.D. George Washington University
Balanced Mind Meditation Center
Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS
4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla, California 92037
If you have questions you can email me at:
[email protected] or call toll free 1-800-914-5020 or (858) 227-9273